The purpose of Faith & Fun Christian Preschool at Grace United Methodist Church is to create a faith-filled learning experience for both children and parents from all walks of life. This program will give the children the opportunity to explore and experiment in a safe and nurturing environment, therefore promoting spiritual, emotional, intellectual, physical and social growth.
Faith & Fun Christian Preschool is a parent – child cooperative program established as an outreach ministry of Grace United Methodist Church. We believe that children are a gift from God, entrusted to parents and educators to help develop their unique gifts. The children will be nurtured by a Christian staff and loving parents, learning Christian values hand in hand with traditional early childhood skills. We believe that children are natural learners when concepts are introduced through play and developmentally appropriate practices.
The program operates September through May. Those parents who sign up to be a volunteer are required to assist in their child’s classroom a few hours each month. Our volunteer calendar works on a rotating basis where, if you sign up to be a parent volunteer, you will be asked to sign up for a volunteer day approximately every 8-12 school days, depending on how many students are signed up for your child's class. For example, if your child's class has 12 students you will be volunteering as classroom helper approximately every 12 school days, depending on which day you choose to volunteer.
Faith & Fun Christian Preschool offers many benefits to families looking for a quality educational experience in the Southern York County area.
- All Teachers hold Education Degrees and participate in continuing professional development
- Small class sizes - 8 in the 2 year old class, 12 in the 3 & 4 year old classes
- Member of the Association of Christian Schools International
- Parent-Cooperative allows parents to be active participants in child's education
- Fundraising is limited to a few voluntary events per year
- Large fenced-in playground and indoor play space
- Small mission projects encourage empathy and self-esteem
- Field trips and special theme days held throughout the year
- Background checks required for all teachers and volunteers
- Developmentally appropriate curriculum focuses on the whole child
- Annual Parent-Teacher Conferences and Progress Reports